The race scheduled for Friday May 3rd has been cancelled by the track. Our next race will be at Paducah International Raceway on Friday May 10th. We hope to see you there!
Trophy winners at PIR were (from left) Mike Moore, Mark Moore, Steve Alexander and Dennis English. Mike's son Conner, 3, holds Dad's trophy.
PADUCAH, Ky. - Mike Moore started from the pole and led from start to finish to win the Kentucky Vintage Racing Association feature Friday night at Paducah International Raceway.
The victory came on opening night for the 3/8-mile dirt oval, where KVRA has raced regularly since the series' inception in 2007.
The winner's brother, Mark Moore, started in the back of the nine-car field and worked his way through the pack to finish second. Steve Alexander was third, Dennis English fourth and Jeremy Clinard fifth.
Alexander and Mark Moore won heat races.
Next action for the vintage stocks will by Friday, May 3, at Paducah.
FEATURE, 10 laps
1. Mike Moore, Murray, Ky., 1934 Ford sedan
2. Mark Moore, Murray, Ky., 1934 Chevrolet coupe
3. Steve Alexander, Kirksey, Ky., 1940 Chevrolet coupe
4. Dennis English, Palma, Ky., 1936 Ford sedan
5. Jeremy Clinard, Almo, Ky., 1932 Chevrolet coupe
6. Frank Cummins, Calvert City, Ky., 1948 Pontiac sedan
7. Timmy Alexander, Kirksey, Ky., 1939 Ford sedan
8. Nick Alexander, Murray, Ky., 1935 Plymouth coupe
9. Matt Moore, Greenville, Ky., 1937 Chevy coupe (DNS)
FIRST HEAT, 6 laps
1. Steve Alexander
2. Frank Cummins
3. Nick Alexander
4. Timmy Alexander
5. Jeremy Clinard
SECOND HEAT, 6 laps
1. Mark Moore
2. Mike Moore
3. Matt Moore
4. Dennis English